CAPTAIN / MASTER
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To direct vessel navigation and maneuvers.
- Ensure stability of the cargo and vessel certification
- Ensure compliance with ISM and ISO on board vessel
- Plan voyages taking into consideration the weather and ice conditions or any other circumstances deemed to influence the safety of the vessel.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate vessel operations, in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as with the Company’s objectives in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Captain/Master
- Master 500 GT, Near Coastal
- Excellent leadership, management and effective problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent navigating skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure.
By Fax: (709) 466-7454 OR in Person or by mail between 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday at:
3 Wharf Road, Clarenville, NL, A5A 2B2
Please clearly mark ATTENTION: CREWING COORDINATOR
4th CLASS ENGINEER – RELIEF POSITION
ROLES & REPSONSIBILITIES
Oversees the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of the engine room machinery and equipment onboard designated vessel.
- Ensures that approved operating and safety procedures are adhered to at al times
- Keeps safety at the forefront of all activities
- Performs troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Directly responsible for the supervision, coaching and mentoring of engine room crew members
- 4TH Class Motor Certificate of Competence
- MED (Marine Emergency Duties) Certification
- Valid medical approved by Transport Canada
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent leadership, supervision, coaching and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to Travel
Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (709) 466-7454.